- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to combine. Cut in the butter until pea size crumbles in doughto.
- Separate bowl whisk the evaporated milk, egg, and vanilla together. Add the mixture to the dough and mix just until it comes together.
- Drop the dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake in a 375 degree oven until golden at the top and around the edges, 12-15 minutes.
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 2-3 tablespoons molasses
- pinch salt
Whip the butter with an electric mixer on medium high speed until light and fluffy. Add molasses and salt and mix until fully incorporated. Enjoy!